Tuesday 31 March 2009

A Reflection Of One Year

As we approach the end of the first year I can look back and say that I have accomplished more than I would have ever thought possible. It’s scary to think that one academic year has passed already and I am sure the second will fly even quicker.

I have had a mixture of results from the assignments handed in and I can honestly say that I am pleased. Well, all but one. I feel I may have been able to do much better in the typography assignment. I managed to pass first time, by the skin of my teeth. This is one of the assignments I wish I could take again but there is little I can do about it now.

The new assignment underway at the moment is more of reward than actual work. I think everyone on the course has a buzz about designing a CD package as everyone is constantly working and encouraging each other to work.

Hopefully I will be able to finish this year with a bang and receive another grade I will be proud of. I am on track with my production schedule and hopefully this two week break will not provide too many distractions as others have done over this course.

My main concern with the holidays is that my hard work will be diminished if I put it on the back-burner to catch up on social activities. I am going to try and avoid this and be stricter with my time.

All this aside I am looking forward to finishing this year and to hopefully be able to put my skills to use by developing a few web sites for potential clients over the holiday. This will keep the skills I have learnt fresh in my head ready for year two.

No comments: