Tuesday 28 April 2009

Final Stages

Since my last entry I don't think that my head has stopped spinning. There is very little time left and I have still an advert and a web page to design.

This said though I have created my logo and album cover, both inner and outer, and finished putting together the postcard for the Moo order that will be sent out today.

I nearly fluffed this stage as I had problems with InDesign. As a result I started to rush things. This did me no favours and the more I panicked the more mistakes I started to make. I ended up deleting the file with my work in and had to start from scratch.

Apart from this minor set back I have had another few problems along the way. I initially met the client who stipulated that they liked two of my designs and wished to see them incorporated into one. Great!


Turns out when I met the client again last week I had misinterpreted what they had in mind. They were looking for the grungy design using the colour scheme from clouds artwork. This is something I thought I had nailed.

I had to work hard to keep up-to-date with the production schedule so that I could start the next section of work on time. I am still in a bit of a predicament though as I spent the last meeting with the client being told I need to re-think the concept. Hopefully this time I have it right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Austin from printpeppermint.com here.
I just wanted to jump in here and say that although Moo is an amazing company, their print quality is entirely digital and very average. If you're looking for more custom finishes and premium paper stocks, c'mon over to our site and give us a try. We'll even throw in a 10% off coupon just for the heck of it.