Tuesday 6 January 2009

¼ Finished

As I anticipated the deadline for these two latest assignments have crept up. I feel a lot more confident at present then I did the previously. I only have a five-hundred word evaluation and a few references to complete on one assignment.

I probably will feel nervous handing in my work as will everyone else but I think what I have done should suffice for a pass. I don’t think it will be possible to attain a merit or distinction this time around as I didn’t take my time sheets as seriously as I should have done and some of the entries are bland at best. I plan to change this practice as of next week.

I have to admit I haven’t done nearly half as much work as I would have wished to and I haven’t been staying up-to-date with forum posts over this holiday. I am literally ready for another holiday to recover from Christmas. Hopefully I will be more settled next week when the new assignments get underway.

With the last mini-assignment finished this afternoon I now feel I could have vastly improved on the first, if given the chance. It has definitely been a learning experience using InDesign and I am still finding out/being taught new tips and tricks. I now have the software at home and I feel that I will be able to navigate my way around the software a lot quicker at college.

I seem to have found a good working relationship with another student as we share help with each other on technical and grammar scenarios that arise in our day-to-day activities. This help is invaluable to me as it’s not always easy to ask for help in a large group. I hope this trend continues as we progress on this course.

No comments: